For Which We Stand

United We Stand Stronger As Americans

On Friday, November 26, 2010, those of us who really care can all go back to discussing how together, guided by God’s Devine power, “We The People” will restore honor to America and take back what we have lost through our own negligence in knowing who we elect to lead us. But today, Monday, the Gregory Family begins a long family tradition of preparing for this coming Thursday, November 25, 2010, our nation’s day of “Thanks Giving”. In our household and extended family’s we share a special day of “Thanks Giving” for all the love we share and protected by his holy spirit, the life we live in a county called the “United States of America”.

Until Friday, all else is put aside and we only think and concentrate on what blessings we have and on Thursday sitting around a table of love and a few of God’s children who know the perils of losing the treasures of freedom but protected by our wonderful “Constitution”, unless we should lose it because we lost sight of our Founding Fathers and the sacrifices made by these special souls, we believe guided by our creator, gave us the gift we now all enjoy. So we will stand around the family table, our heads bowed and holding hands, give thanks to “God” for all the good he created, blocking out any evil thoughts that might spoil a moment meant to be shared only with family and all Christians for all our blessings and what we have. The power of that moment is felt every year and talked about for days with each other as we marvel at that private but shared moment that actually will last throughout the entire day and into the night with only God as our very special invited guest filling our minds, preventing any thoughts of negativity to enter and spoil what was meant to be and always is, a very blessed day of thanks.

We give thanks as a family for what we have as a family. We pray for those less fortunate and ask that God enter into their lives and give them the gift he has given us each year at this time, peace, peace and tranquility filled with the spirit of God to allow all to know what we know, and that is “God”. What they do with that after the day has passed is up to them and although our prayers will continue to include them and our hearts always filled with hope, we will once again return to the world that our Government has decided for us, only now hearing our voice, and consider how to reach them in such a way as to turn the page so that we will find ourselves on the road back to the country of our Forefathers paved for us to follow, not distort or change to something other than what God Blessed.

For the next few days our televisions will be turned to channels that are filled with either religious content or stories and movies of family and love, shows that the entire family can sit and enjoy together, laugh and be free of the angry world that fills the airwaves on news channels and or shows filled with such content that God would not approve of, and that is what or who will be the judge as to what we will look at on the old “Telly”, at least through Thursday, where our whole day will be dedicated to giving thanks and praising God for our blessings. I know we should make that happen every day but I would be failing the truth to say that I will not return to spending time watching FOX NEWS and those who give the news and opinions, but I hope for the reasons to be informed and continue to stay tuned into what and who is attacking what we are now giving thanks for.

My wife has always made “Thanks Giving” a very special day for all of us, although I met and married her in Harrogate England so many years ago, she understood what America’s day of thanks was right away and made it special on our very first year, which we shared in Greece so many years ago. She has made Thanks Giving special ever since, knowing the importance of our sons (we had two, one still with us and one with our Lord and God in heaven) being taught the importance of giving “Thanks” for all that God provides and blesses us and our extended family with, she has ensured that none of us ever forget that this special day really is special and filled with special gifts of love from our creator. When her sister and brother-in-law, from England, started visits each year for over 20 years, living here with us for periods of time, they soon became familiar with what the Gregory’s day of thanks was like and they now make it a part of their lives each year as well. Even while in England we share our day of thanks with them every year, and where ever our family members are around the world, they are in spirit, sitting at our table of love, involved with our day of giving thanks and reflecting on God’s love for his children.

Our turkey dinner with all the fixens are a specialty of recipes handed down from generation to generation, with my mother teaching my “English wife” while I served in Vietnam, but was never out of mind on “Thanks Giving Day” back in California, as they shared my heart as I gave thanks somewhere in the Northern Provinces of South Viet Nam. The feast is only a symbol of how lucky we are and remains a part of our day of thanks as the prayers we say as a family, joined hand in hand, as we stand around the Gregory family dinner table, our head bowed, and I, as the head of our household, say our prayer of thanks, each is different, but all have the same meaning, “Thank you God” for all his blessings, and our prayers always include hope for peace and for those who have little are never forgotten by those how have much. On Thanks giving we all should never forget to give something, anything to our churches, charitable groups, or just some poor soul we take in and share a little of what we have. Individually we cannot save the world, but collectively we can make a dent, no matter, we must always try.

As I close, all of you who share a common belief in each other, as we do, we will be sharing our “Thanks Giving” with you, saying prayers to include you, and as we give thanks for the past year, we also will be giving thanks for what we know God will be going to do for us in the years ahead, as we work hard to bring God back into the house of every American, around the world. Yes, you will all be in our prayers on Thursday, so for today, God bless you all, bless you as he has Val and I, along with our family, and continue God bless this great nation of ours, called the “United States of America”………. Until then….

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

God bless you both, and we pray you Thanks Giving is a wonderful one, somehow I feel it will be. Milt and Val
May the lord bless all in your house hold.

As I remember the meal I shared with my men the city of Hue 1969 I give thanks for all my brothers who served like you Milt , for god and country.

May you always find a
Safe
LZ
Michael and Diane
I always did find a safe LZ Michael, some hot ones going in, but I always got off OK... Milt

Michael Colwell said:

As I remember the meal I shared with my men the city of Hue 1969 I give thanks for all my brothers who served like you Milt , for god and country.

May you always find a
Safe
LZ
Michael and Diane
Hi Milt, you know everyday is a day I give thanks and pray for God's blessing to all who have served and are currently serving our country in any capacity they can. For true patriots come in all manner of types and backgrounds and I bless them all. Have a good Thanksgiving and to all your friends and mine.

God Bless
Dirk
I do the same my friend, and with what is going on in Korea today, I not only give thanks, but pray even harder for their safety and protection. Friends always, Milt

Dirk D. Mullikin said:
Hi Milt, you know everyday is a day I give thanks and pray for God's blessing to all who have served and are currently serving our country in any capacity they can. For true patriots come in all manner of types and backgrounds and I bless them all. Have a good Thanksgiving and to all your friends and mine.

God Bless
Dirk
Milt,
I am blessed to know you. Thanksgiving? Thank you Lord... for the opportunity to connect with so many people I would not have known if it weren't for the state of our country. Thank you Lord for letting me get to know people... if only by email.. the best of your children. Thank you Lord for allowing my family the opportunity to have a Thanksgiving meal. You and many like you is what makes it all worthwhile. Enjoy this special time. In love & God.. Staci :)
Thank you Stacia for your beautiful response, filled with hope and love, but most of all for never fearing to bring "God" to our tables when we sit down to give thanks. God has bless us all, if we only took a moment to consider them. I am homored to know you Stacia via the internet and you, along with all our friends here on this site along with all those we have special feelings for in our hearts. God bless you and I pray that you and your family will have a very special day tomorrow, as special as you are. Your friend in Christ, Milt and Val Gregory./b>br/>

Stacia Lemon said:
Milt,
I am blessed to know you. Thanksgiving? Thank you Lord... for the opportunity to connect with so many people I would not have known if it weren't for the state of our country. Thank you Lord for letting me get to know people... if only by email.. the best of your children. Thank you Lord for allowing my family the opportunity to have a Thanksgiving meal. You and many like you is what makes it all worthwhile. Enjoy this special time. In love & God.. Staci :)
That reminds me Michael, during the TET offensive, Feb., 1968, I was at a small ARVN outpost called PK-17 (a marker number 17 K's outside of Hue, where I served with the bravest of the brave, losing to many, and to many more wounded, none of us left unmarked as for 30 days we were tested to our outer limits. God bless you Michael, and I have been lucky enough to have landed and departed many "safe" LZ's. You will be in our prayers tomorrow my friend, God speed. Milt

Michael Colwell said:

May you always find a
Safe
LZ
Michael and Diane
I was in a small hamlet on h1, called Anlow just outside of Phubi it had a rail bridge
I drove a jeep through very heavy fire to Hue Phubi, bullets whizing by my head as I drove, to get radio's replaced, then had to drive back through the cross fire to PK-17. You can google PK-17 and check out the 1st Air Cav there, interesting reading, not so interesting being in it but I'm here and that is what counts. Far to many of my brothers in arms failed to get out of there in one piece or alive. That was a real trip to hell and back.... Milt

Michael Colwell said:
I was in a small hamlet on h1, called Anlow just outside of Phubi it had a rail bridge

Attachments:

RSS

"Nation Under God Shall Have A New Birth Of Freedom."

I pledge allegiance to the Flag,
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
One Nation, under God
Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All.

Members

Latest Activity

Discussion Forum

God heard my Prayer today

Started by Milton F Gregory Jr Oct 19, 2015. 0 Replies

God heard my prayer todayNow I know God hears my prayer’s every day, but today, I really felt he was paying attention to me as I said a prayer for my son who is in serious harm’s way right now, you know, that part of the world where everyone is demonstrating with violence all around. No sooner than I finished my prayer, a simple prayer, that went something like this:“Dear Lord, I know you hear from me every day and I am always asking for so many things related to our troops, my son, and my…Continue

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Ten Commandments of Human Relations

The fundamental issue in human ethical behavior is summarized by Jesus in what we have come to call "The Golden Rule." Jesus put it this way:

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets (Matthew 7:12 TNIV).

It asks us to test our treatment of others by putting ourselves in their place. Treat others the way you would want them to treat you in the same or similar circumstance.

Somebody took that principle and translated it into Ten Commandments of Human Relations. You may have seen this anonymous piece, for it circulates in a variety of settings. In case you have missed it, I am reproducing it here.

Speak to people. There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.

Smile at people. It takes 72 muscles to frown, only 14 to smile.

Call people by name. It is music to anyone’s ears to hear the sound of his or her name.

Be friendly and helpful.

Be cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do is genuinely a pleasure. If it isn’t, learn to make it so.

Be genuinely interested in people. You can like almost anyone, if you try.

Be generous with praise, cautious with criticism.

Be considerate of the feelings of others. There are usually three sides to a controversy — yours, the other fellow’s, and the correct one.

Be alert to serve. What counts most in life is what you do for others.

Live with a good sense of humor, a generous dose of patience, and a dash of humility appropriate to being human.

Made in God’s image, all of us have something to be valued!

The great challenge in human experience is not work skills, but people skills. That is, research has shown that the majority of people who fail in their vocation do so because they cannot get along with people.

You might think through the meaning of these ten common-sense ideas for your own workplace and personal activity. But what about the larger setting for your daily life? These principles work everywhere you go, for they are about showing respect to the people you meet in all those places.

Made in God’s image, all of us have something to be valued, affirmed, and acknowledged by others. But let it begin with us to acknowledge it in them. As the cycle of giving and receiving enlarges, the human community comes alive.

© 2017   Created by Barb..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service